History Year by Year: The History of the World, from the Stone Age to the Digital Age
Get to grips with history like never before as you travel through the ages in this history encyclopedia for children that stretches from prehistoric times to the modern day.
Introducing an updated volume of History Year by Year - a timeline of world history that joins the dots of history by putting key historic events across the world on one timeline for children, including everything from prehistoric people, to world wars, humans on the moon, and so much more! Every page is jam-packed with pictures and original artefacts, to give children an accurate insight into each era. Including features that explain major events, such as the rise of the Roman Empire of the fall of Communism, in an accessible and easy-to-read manner that doesn't talk down to them.
DK's History Year by Year shows the influences, patterns, and connections between the events that have shaped our world and reveal the history of the world as never before, making this history book for kids an educational must-have volume for children aged 8-13 with a thirst for knowledge, and interest in discovering more about world history.
Celebrate your child's curiosity as they explore:
- Over 1500 images that beautifully illustrate world history for children
- Feature spreads look in detail at big themes and stories, such as the Renaissance and the French Revolution, and also include a timeline of events.
- "Child of the Time" spreads explores the lives of children in history at very different periods, including Ancient Egypt, the Middle Ages, the Industrial Revolution, and World War II.
- "Moment in time" spreads use one stunning, full-bleed image to capture one moment in history.
- Updated timeline spanning prehistoric times up until the present time.
320 pages 22.38 x 2.41 x 28.27 cm hardcover
"I really like History Year by Year. This book is set up very well. Perfect for learning about world history."